1. Nevill C J (1976)A White-backed Magpie attempts to feed young blackbirds. The Australian Bird Watcher 6(7):229.
2. Nevill C J (1977)The effects of agricultural development on wildlife. In: Wildlife Management Australia; proceedings of the Conference on Wildlife Management, Latrobe University, November 22-23, 1977. Field and Game Federation of Australia. pp 49-57.
3. Nevill C J (1978)Government Control of Wildlife Habitat. Minor thesis, Monash University, Clayton. 183 pp.
4a. Nevill C J (1978)Managing habitat for wildlife. Information sheet, Conservation Council of Victoria, Melbourne. 4 pp.
4b. Nevill C J (1979)Wildlife on the farm. Learning Exchange (83):14-15.
5. Nevill C J (1979)Preserving native wildlife in the rural landscape. Habitat 7(1):22-26. Note: this article was reprinted in a shortened form (under the same title) in The Victorian State Forester's Newsletter (45):35-42.
6. Nevill C J (1980)Engineers and social change: educational implications. Preprints, Australasian Engineering Education Conference, Brisbane, September 17-19, 1980, pp 24-29. Institution of Engineers, Australia. Canberra.
7. Lloyd B E and Nevill C J (1981)Manpower and Education for the Water Industry. Australian Water Resources Council Technical Paper No 57. Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra. 377 pp.
8. Nevill J (1981)Mercury pollution in the Latrobe Valley. Friends of the Earth, Collingwood. 4pp.
9. Nevill C J (1981)Democracy and technology. Search 12(7):210-213.
10a. Nevill J (1981)Health standards for mercury in fish. The Australian Health Surveyor May 1982; pp.39-49. Note: this paper was printed in a summarised form under the same title by the Food Justice Centre, Collingwood.
10b. Nevill J (1981)Mercury in fish. Food Justice Centre, Collingwood. 2 pp.
10c. Nevill J (1982)Dangerous levels of mercury in fish. Learning Exchange No 112, June 1982, p.13.
11. Nevill C J (1981)Regional planning and Australia's long-term future. Habitat 9(6):6-7.
12. Nevill J (1982)The State Electricity Commission and the Gippsland Lakes. Environment Victoria 40:5 (February). Note: this article was reprinted in The Latrobe Valley Express 11/3/82 under the title "Water wants could kill lakes".
13a. Nevill J and Chandler C (1982)Nature impacts of eastern coalfield development. Parkwatch 128:16-25; Autumn 1982. Note: this article was reprinted as a series of three articles in The Latrobe Valley Express on April 27, May 4 and May 18 1982, and in Environment Victoria in June, September and November 1982.
13b. Nevill J and Chandler C (1982)Gelliondale: a potential disaster. Habitat 10(5):3-4.
14. Nevill J (1982)Acid rain in the Latrobe Valley. Environment Victoria 41:12 (April). Note: this article was reprinted in The Latrobe Valley Express July 13, 1982
15. Nevill C J (1982)The distribution of economic benefits from the resources boom. Paper presented to Section 24 (Economics) Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science, 1982 Congress, Macquarie University, Sydney.
16a. Savage M and Nevill J (1983)Victoria's existing marine reserves. Parkwatch 134:6-7, Spring 1983.
16b. Nevill J (1983)The Harold Holt Marine Reserves. Environment Victoria September 1983, p 6.
17. Bennett A and Nevill J (1983)The impact of agriculture on Victoria's wildlife. Environment Victoria September 1983, pp 10-11.
18. Nevill J (1983)Westernport seagrass destroyed. Environment Victoria September 1983, p 12.
19. Nevill R and J (1983),Conservation problems on the Eyre Peninsula. Habitat 11(5):29-30. October 1983.
20a. Nevill J (1983)Marine park development in Victoria. Australian Parks and Recreation November 1983, pp 45-49.
20b. Nevill J (1984)Victorian marine reserves in jeopardy. Australian Conservation Foundation Newsletter, April 1984, pp 6-7.
21. Nevill J (1984)The need for marine parks. Environment Victoria March 1984, pp 13, 16.
22. Nevill J (1984)Why Gormandale should be mined. Latrobe Valley Express April 4, 1984.
23. Nevill J (1984)Wild dog control in Victoria. Animal Liberation Victorian Newsletter Apr. 1984, pp 4-5.
24. Birrell R, Hill D, and Nevill J (eds.) (1984)Populate and Perish? The Stresses of Population Growth in Australia. Fontana, Sydney. 363 pp.
25a. Nevill J (1984)The decline of shallow reef fauna. Environment Victoria June 1984, pp 9-10.
25b. Nevill J (1985)Spearfishing: the dying sport. Underwater, First Quarter, 1985.
26. Cope M, Nevill J and Hoy R (1985)A comparison of two stability classification methods using Latrobe Valley data. Clean Air 19(2):58-62 (May).
27. Nevill J & Lawrence R (1985)Conservation issues in the Shark Bay region, Western Australia. Australian Conservation Foundation Research Report. ACF, Melbourne.
28. Nevill J & Cope M (1985)Meteorological data for use with the ISCEPA model. Environment Protection Authority Technical Report No.ATR/85/01. EPA, Melbourne.
29. Nevill J (1986)Evaluation study of the ISC model: first report. Environment Protection Authority Technical Report No.ATR/86/03. EPA, Melbourne.
30. Nevill J and Stensholt B (1991)The need for and role of environmental assessment in foreign aid. Paper presented to the Second International Conference on Environmental Law; Bangkok, 4-7 August 1991.
31. Nevill J and Garlipp D K (1994)Environmental legislation, policy and technical guidelines as they affect underground mining in Queensland. Proceedings: IEAust Technical Program (Queensland) 1994.
32. Welsh D and Nevill J (1994)An Environmental Impact Assessment Process for Mining in Queensland. Paper presented to the Australian Mining Industry Council 19th Annual Environmental Workshop; Karratha WA 9-14 Oct 1994.
33. Nevill J and Dettrick D (1999)Submission to the House of Representatives Standing Committee on the Environment Inquiry into Catchment Management; published on the House of Parliament web site: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/environ/cminq/index.htm
34. Nevill J (1999)Water, Dams, and the End of Civilization? Paper presented to the Environment Institute of Australia 12th Annual Conference; 1-3 December 1999; Hobart Tasmania.
35. Nevill J (2000)The Gap Between Knowing and Doing; Australian Society for Limnology Newsletter 38(4)44-46.
36. Nevill J, Maher M, and Nichols P (2001)COAG, Water Law, and the Environment; Paper presented to the Third Australasian Natural Resources Law and Policy Conference (Focus on Water) 22-23 March 2001, Adelaide.
37. Nevill, Jon (2001)Freshwater Biodiversity: protecting freshwater ecosystems in the face of infrastructure development. Water Research Foundation of Australia, Australian National University; Canberra. 130 pp.
38. Nevill, J and Phillips, N (2001)The role and importance of representative freshwater reserves. Paper presented to the Fenner Conference on Freshwater Biodiversity; Canberra, July 5-7, 2001.
39. Nevill J, Nichols Peter, and Maher Mary (2001)Evaluating sustainable water management programs: assess the outcomes AND the process. Paper presented to the Third Annual Stream Management Conference, Hilton Hotel Brisbane, 27-28 August 2001.
40. Nevill J, and Phillips Ngaire (2001)Representative freshwater reserves: better late than never. Paper presented to the International River Symposium, Hilton Hotel Brisbane, 29-31 August 2001. Reprinted in Water Science and Technology (45)145-154.
41. Maher, Mary, Nevill J and Nichols P (2001)Achieving river integrity through NRM and ICM legislative frameworks. Paper presented to the International River Symposium, Hilton Hotel Brisbane, 29-31 August 2001.
42. Nevill, Jon, and Phillips, Ngaire (2002)Representative freshwater reserves: their role and importance. In: Wetlands Australia, February 2002, Issue 10, pp 28-29.
43. Maher, Mary, Nevill J and Nichols P (2002)Improving the legislative basis for river management in Australia. Two volume report commissioned by Land and Water Australia (Australian Commonwealth Government); Canberra.
44. Nevill, Jon (2002)Representative freshwater aquatic protected areas: the Australian context. Paper presented to the First World Congress on Aquatic Protected Areas, Cairns Australia, August 14-17.
45. Nevill, Jon (2003) Managing the cumulative effects of incremental development in freshwater resources. Environmental and Planning Law Journal 20 (2) 85-94 (April 2003). Updated version.
46. Maher Mary, Nichols Peter, and Nevill Jon (2003) Pro's and con's of a model legislative framework for river management. Paper presented to the International River Symposium, Hilton Hotel Brisbane, 29-31 August 2003.
47. Nevill Jon, and Phillips N (eds)(2004) The Australian Freshwater Protected Area Resoucebook. Australian Society for Limnology Representative Reserves Working Group; Hampton Melbourne. 265pp.
57. Stein, Janet and Nevill, Jon (2006) Identifying Australia's protected rivers. Paper presented to the 'Catchments to Coasts Conference', Cairns July 9-11, 2006; Society of Wetland Scientists / Australian Marine Science Association.
58. Nevill, Jon (2006) Policy failure: the protection of representative wetlands in Australia. Paper presented to the 'Catchments to Coasts Conference', Cairns July 9-11, 2006; Society of Wetland Scientists / Australian Marine Science Association. See paper No.62.