|Convention on the
Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals,
- 1. The Parties acknowledge the importance of
migratory species being conserved and of Range States agreeing to take
action to this end whenever possible and appropriate, paying special
attention to migratory species the conservation status of which is
unfavourable, and taking individually or in co-operation appropriate
and necessary steps to conserve such species and their habitat.
- 2. The Parties acknowledge the need to take
action to avoid any migratory species becoming endangered.
- 3. In particular, the Parties:
- a) should promote, co-operate in and support
research relating to migratory species;
- b) shall endeavour to provide immediate
protection for migratory species included in Appendix I; and
- c) shall endeavour to conclude Agreements
covering the conservation and management of migratory species included
in Appendix II.
Comment: Appendix I lists species which
are endangered (Article III section 1.) Appendix II lists
species whose conservation status is unfavourable (Article I section 1(d);
Article IV section 1.)